Chehre-ye zadrd-e ma ra bin... Look at my sallow face, but say nothing. Look at this infinite pain, and for God's sake, say nothing. Look at this bleeding heart, eyes like the River Jeyhun. No matter what you see, pass by. Don't ask, say nothing. Yesterday you appeared at the door of the heart's house. Your image knocked and said: Come, open the door, say nothing. I put my hand to my mouth and said: Woe to my broken heart. He said: I'm yours, don't bite your hand, say nothing. Since you are my surna, don't sing without my lips. Until I play you like a harp, not a word about music. Say nothing. I said: How long will you drag my soul around the world? He said: Wherever I drag you, come quickly. Say nothing. I said: While I say nothing, do you want me to burn? Are you saying: Come in and say nothing? He smiled like a rose and said: Come in and see. This fire is jasmine, green leaves and roses. Say nothing. The fire became roses and spoke. It told me: Except for our beloved's love and kindness, say nothing.

Author: Rumi, Jalaleddin

Title: Say Nothing: Poems of Jalal-al Din Rumi in Persian and English

Language: English + Persian
Pages: 120
Translator: Anvar, Iraj and Anne Twitty (trans. and eds.)
ISBN: 1596750278 / 9781596750272

Catalog #: 9781596750272

No comments: