As a Journalist

I never forget the first time that met Maziar while was talking about space. Many of students were against of his article witch was publishes in recently university magazine. He tried to explain me, how we can use the spaces between the objects as an object and how he wants use it in graphic design. He wanted extends the borders of graphic design further than borders of paper.
Later, in the evening of a busy working day while was walking toward my home, Main entrance board of a fast food cached my sight. Some tiny texts among a flat surface painted with red, no doubt was left when saw name of Maziar as designer. I saw that he tried to apply his opinion in different graphical fields as a real experience for his clients.
Although I am in to Edward Hopper paintings and know that how his main point of work is not on the canvas And also I have read about non-being and emptiness in laotzu and Rumi poet, Tried to find Maziar and ask him directly about this idea.
Maziar started by history. Where he found emptiness in Persian traditional Miniature and Persian patterns. This forms derived him to Sufism and Buddhism philosophy. He finished his argument by presenting minimal artists experiences and his favorite artist Anish kapoor.
Now, I know why he has hanged on “Catherine Opie” photos from the surfer’s collection on the wall.
I leave his office as thinking how negative space can extend the graphic design borders!

No comments: